[Ecls-list] When to use DFFI?

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Fri Oct 21 06:07:45 UTC 2005

I have the impression that the way how DFFI is enabled is not well uniform
through the code and not really consistent.

C functions: if "module" is not NIL and #+DFFI, use dynamic, otherwise use static
C vars: if "module" is not NIL, use dynamic, otherwise use static
callbacks: use automatically static when compiling, dynamic when interpreted

Shouldn't we go for a more uniform way of using DFFI? For example:

1) if #-DFFI, go always static
2) if #+DFFI,
	- go always dynamic (default)
	- go always static if specified (for example with a global variable)

Michael.