[Ecls-list] multi-threaded C++ app

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Fri Oct 14 04:42:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 18:37 +1000, Dean O'Connor wrote:
> I call cl_boot and a few evals in my main C++ thread.
> Then I create another C++ thread which calls no other ECL stuff except for:
>
>     ecl_import_current_thread(make_simple_string("thread"), Cnil);
>
> The problem may be the 2nd parameter, process_binding, but I don't know
> what you use for it.
> Any ideas ?

process_binding is just a list of variable bindings. Passing NIL should
be safe. I just kept it for future use and for compatibility with
MP:MAKE-PROCESS. As for the crash, I will investigate it during the
weekend. I have been updating the OS these days and have my build
environment a bit messed up (In particular I must ensure the CVS tree
works well with the new GCC 4.0.3)

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/