[Ecls-list] ECL on emulators

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Tue Nov 29 06:49:18 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 13:22 +0100, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 18:35 +0100, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:
> > I found this nifty little package
> > http://gavare.se/gxemul/gxemul-stable/doc/intro.html
> > Did anybody have experience with it?
> >
> > I am right now installing NetBSD/cats (i.e. ARM) on it, and it seems to
> > work. Plus it also includes emulators for several MIPS and even a m86k
> > (although it does not gives pointers on whether MMU, NetBSD or Linux is
> > supported).
>
> The simulator is pretty cool. Once you remove pointer alignment checks
> (there seem to be some bugs there), it manages to run NetBSD and build
> ECL -- LSP/CLOS are done so far; it's building the compiler right now

Ok guys, ECL seems to work flawlessly on NetBSD/cats with minor changes
in the makefile to allow ECL build with Free/Net/OpenBSD's make instead
of requiring GNU make. I will probably feed these changes back into the
CVS source tree.

Next step: testing with Paul's suite. I bet that's going to take
long :-)

Juanjo

----------- screenshot ---------------

cats: {46} ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9h
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
        ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
2
> (+ most-positive-fixnum 10)
536870921
> (quit)
cats: {47} uname -a
NetBSD cats 2.1 NetBSD 2.1 (GENERIC) #0: Mon Oct 24 19:48:01 UTC 2005
builds at b4.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-2-1-RELEASE/cats/200510241747Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-2-1-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/cats/compile/GENERIC cats