[Ecls-list] ECL with Slime - segment violation

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Nov 28 01:12:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 16:53 +1100, Dean O'Connor wrote:
> I am using ECL built with ECL_THREADS=1 on Windows and in the .emacs
> file point to the ecl.exe where ecl is flat-installed.
> I am using the latest Slime from CVS.
> All I do is a "M-x slime" in Emacs and I get this Segmentation Violation.

Hmmm, might be that it is revealing some problem in the sockets port...
I'll look into that.

> From searching in the mailing list archive, Slime support sounds quite
> basic, but I got the impression it was working ?

It has been tested with a normal, non-threaded version of ECL, but I
just contributed the minimal changes to make slime work, with the help
of some people here in the list. I keep not track of the latest changes
in slime, though. Something might have broken the port since the last
commit.

Regards,