[Ecls-list] how to load a lisp file and collect its output to *standard-output*

fBechmann at t-online.de fBechmann at t-online.de
Thu Nov 17 14:58:01 UTC 2005

... that's what I'm trying to do.

I tried it w/ setq for *standard-output* to a string stream as created
by make-string-output-stream and I tried it w/ with-output-to-string.
In both cases additional output from load comes into my way, e.g.

CL-USER> (load "foo.lsp")
foo                     <== that's what I want to get, the output from
foo.lsp
"foo.lsp"

I already started to play around w/ *load-print* and *load-verbose* but
up to now I didn't find a proper combination.

Am I on the correct path, then I'll keep trying or is there a canonical
way to achive my goal.

TIA for your help, Frank