[Ecls-list] Compilation failed on Mac OS X 10.4.3 (and some other questions)

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:12:01 UTC 2005

On 2005-nov-15, at 10:07, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:
> Did you update with
> 	cvs update -C -P -d
> Notice the "-d" is needed to create the new directory ecls/src/arch,
> which contains nonportable components in ECL.

Oops.

>> Also, on this combination (darwin/ppc32), does
>> (nth-value 1 (ffi:size-of-foreign-type :double)) return 4 or 8?
>
> Well, it must return 8, since a :double is twice the size of
> a :float. I
> checked it in my ibook.

Yes but its alignment is either 8 or 4, depending on the context.
See: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/
Conceptual/LowLevelABI/index.html

I think returning 8 is the right thing to do. This is what CMUCL and
OpenMCL return and this is what CFFI expects.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/