[Ecls-list] segfault in DAYLIGHT-SAVING-TIME-P

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Tue Nov 15 07:47:09 UTC 2005

> (decode-universal-time 157768516)
Segmentation violation.
Broken at DECODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME.

This problems happens for some specific given time range. Debugging slightly
more, it appears that the crash occurs in daylight-saving-time-p because
the localtime() call returned NULL. MSDN tells me that localtime() returns
NULL if the time given as argument is before midnight, January 1st, 1970.

I'm not sure how to fix it and I don't get all the tricks used in ECL to
compute time, so I just report the problem (note: I'm using CVS from this
night).

Michael.