[Ecls-list] map iterator

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Mon Nov 14 07:25:03 UTC 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 9:09 AM, Dean O'Connor wrote:

> Any ideas why string-enumerations.lisp fails to load because of
> SIMPLE-STRING ?
> Is it something silly or do I have to find a file for that class ?
>

>> All load ok, except for string-enumerations.lisp, which requires a
>> class SIMPLE-STRING

>> ;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
>> ;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
>> ;;; Warning: INITIALIZE-INSTANCE is being redefined.
>> ;;; Warning: INITIALIZE-INSTANCE is being redefined.
>> No class named SIMPLE-STRING.
>> Broken at CLOS::INSTALL-METHOD.
>> ORG.NTUNIOTT.COMMON-LISP.EXTENSIONS.DATA-AND-CONTROL-
>> FLOW.ENUMERATIONS>>

Two things.

(1) The warnings are unwarranted.  This is an ECL problem.
(2) The SIMPLE-STRING bit turns out to be a bug.  SIMPLE-STRING is a
type and not a class.  Hence the defmethod is wrong as per CLHS.  Sorry
about that, I will fix it asap.  In the meantime you can just comment
out that bit.  The STRING methods will work anyway (the SIMPLE-STRING
bit was added to leverage the SCHAR function)

Cheers
--
Marco