[Ecls-list] map iterator

Dean O'Connor dean.oconnor at ite.com.au
Thu Nov 10 22:21:00 UTC 2005

Firstly, the enumerations work great. Thx heaps.

But there were issues installing it (under Windows at least) using
mk:load-system tho.

I run ecl2 from msvc directory.
I can load defsystem ok:

 > (load "../contrib/defsystem/defsystem")
#P"../contrib/defsystem/defsystem.lisp"

I have put the enumeration dir in the msvc directory.
Then I try (mp:load-system "enumerations")

I get a popup modal window with this error message (only on the very
first attempt tho):

"The application or DLL
C:\projects\lisp\elcs\msvc\enumerations\enumerations.system is not a
valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"

Then I get this message (always):

;    - Source file
;      C:/projects/lisp/ecls/msvc/enumerations/enumerations-pkg.lsp and
binary
;      file C:/projects/lisp/ecls/msvc/enumerations/enumerations-pkg.so not
;      found, not loading.Source file
"C:/projects/lisp/ecls/msvc/enumerations/enumerations-pkg.lsp" and
binary file "C:/projects/lisp/
ecls/msvc/enumerations/enumerations-pkg.so" do not exist.
Broken at MAKE::LOAD-FILE-OPERATION.

I also got a similar error for (mp:compile-package "enumerations")

Anyway as circumvention, I just load the enumeration lisp files I need
directly.
There seems to be one problem there aswell.
All load ok, except for string-enumerations.lisp, which requires a class
SIMPLE-STRING

;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
;;; Warning: INITIALIZE-INSTANCE is being redefined.
;;; Warning: INITIALIZE-INSTANCE is being redefined.
No class named SIMPLE-STRING.
Broken at CLOS::INSTALL-METHOD.
ORG.NTUNIOTT.COMMON-LISP.EXTENSIONS.DATA-AND-CONTROL-FLOW.ENUMERATIONS>>

Cheers
Dean.