[Ecls-list] Loading a FAS file segfault...

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Mon May 30 09:33:57 UTC 2005

Goffioul Michael wrote:

>I had a look and IMO this is due to the change on the loading of a dynamic
>library. Under Win32, all symbols are not exported, hence not available to
>external program. However, the new loading code makes the assumption that
>it can find init_xxxx symbols in the current block, which is false. Example
>from cmp.c:
>
>current = read_VV(OBJNULL, ((ecl_init_function_t) ecl_library_symbol(Cblock, "init_CMP_CMPDEFS"))); current->cblock.next = next; next = current;
>
>ecl_library_symbol returns NULL and read_VV crashes.

As you noticed, this is crash is due to some changes in the compiler
which ar only present in the CVS tree, not in the tarball I prepared
last week. Indeed, the error on the MacOSX is of type sigbus or "Bus
error", which is typically used when trying to access 32-bit or 64-bit
data which is not properly aligned.