[Ecls-list] Re: MacOSX problems (some solved)

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Mon May 30 06:25:07 UTC 2005

luismbo at gmail.com wrote:

>Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <jlr at mpq.mpg.de> writes:
>
>>If this still does not work, then it is probably due to issues with
>>the Boehm-Weiser garbage collector. I have seen problems reported in
>>the mailing list, specially regarding the latest version of Mac OSX
>>(10.4 I think, Tiger). It would be nice if you could confirm whether
>>these problems appear in your 10.3.9.
>>
>The autoconf problem is indeed fixed, thanks. The other problem
>persists though.
>
>>(require :asdf)

>Bus error

The first puzzling thing is that in your machine, the file system is not
case sensitive. Otherwise (see below), ECL would not try to load
ASDF.fas but rather asdf.fas.

The second puzzling thing is the bus error. Is yours a 64-bit machine?
Seems like there is an alignment problem somewhere in the code. Solving
that requires debugging ECL on a more recent machine -- the Mac OSX 10.2
Server Edition in Sourceforge runs the code without patches, straight
out of CVS.

I wonder if somebody would like to debug this, or either provide me with
a limited login account so that I can debug ECL on such a platform.

Regards,

Juanjo
-----------
jjgarcia at ppc-osx2:~/ecls$ uname -a
Darwin ppc-osx2.cf.sourceforge.net 6.8 Darwin Kernel Version 6.8: Wed
Sep 10 15:20:55 PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.49.obj~2/RELEASE_PPC  Power
Macintosh powerpc

jgarcia at ppc-osx2:~/ecls$ ~/local/osx/bin/ecl

ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9f
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
        ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
 > (require :asdf)
;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
;;; Warning: PRINT-OBJECT is being redefined.
;;; Warning: SHARED-INITIALIZE is being redefined.
("ASDF")