[Ecls-list] Re: Build cleanups, part one.

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Thu Mar 31 19:55:40 UTC 2005

On Sweetmorn, Discord 18, 3171 YOLD, Maciek Pasternacki wrote:

>>>What is the point in separate FASL_LIBS then?
>>
>> No one really. Just that for some non-lisp programs (for instance the
>> dpp preprocessor), FASL_LIBS has too many things and LIBS in the first
>> proposal does the job.
>
> True.  I'll implement FASL_LIBS then.

Done.  Current patch is at
http://japhy.fnord.org/pub/ecls-build-20050401.tar.gz -- configure.in
seems to be ok.  I'll now look closer into rest of build system
(starting with Makefiles and config.h generation - two-stage building
seems to be a hack, I want to have only config.h.in -> config.h stage,
when config.h.in is generated automatically by autoheader from
configure.in).  I'll also try to tweak msvc Makefiles.

Changes since last patch:

Build diff version 1.1 (configure.in)

*** User-visible changes

- Removed unnecessary --with-system-boehm-includes and
  --with-system-boehm-libs configure switches (use CPPFLAGS and
  LDFLAGS, Luke);
- Build system now honors CPPFLAGS environment variable.

*** Internal changes

- Renamed STATICLIBS to CORE_LIBS (locally compiled libs to link into
  ecl/ecl_min/libecl.so and nowhere else);
- New variable: FASL_LIBS (libs to link into all ecl code but not into
  helper programs);
- Leave only libraries to link in all C code in LIBS;
- Renamed THREAD_LDFLAGS to THREAD_LIBS (only value is -lpthread, so
  it's LIBS-type variable);
- set -e in configure wrapper;
- Renamed SUBDIR to more standard SUBDIR;
- Changed #-type comments into dnl-type ones.

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { Any road followed to its end leads precisely nowhere.  Climb