[Ecls-list] Build cleanups, part one.

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Mon Mar 28 15:07:34 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:36:15 +0100
Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I now started to hack on ecl for an employer; we want to make at least
> part of our patches public, it would be great if they could get into
> ecl's mainline.  Our first effort is to clean up ecl build system.

Autoconf and friends are black magic to me. ;) But I am just reading the
ECL license for the first time:
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/license.html

The upper part seems to be a BSD/MIT-style license, with the GPL after
"Additionally". This makes the license status unclear to me. GPL would
mean (to me, I am no lawyer) that my programs that link to libecl.so
must be distributed under the GPL as well. Am I mistaken?

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

-- Common Lisp can do what C, C++, Java, PASCAL, PHP, Perl, (you --
-- name it) can do. Here's how:                                  --
-- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590592395             --