[Ecls-list] RE: [Gc] Boehm-Weiser GC on OpenBSD

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Mar 15 11:25:30 UTC 2005

This is a common place for the collector to fail in the event of
configuration problems.  It found an entry on the mark stack
describing a memory region that doesn't exist.  Typically that's
because it thinks there's a stack or static data in a memory
region that is in fact unmapped, or at least not readable.

You want to find out what the value of "limit" is when it fails,
and compare that to the output of GC_dump() called at about that
point.  The value of GC_stackbottom and the current stack pointer
are probably also of interest.

I can't test on OpenBSD, so it's quite possible for that port to
get behind.

Hans