[Ecls-list] SLIME support?

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Fri Mar 11 06:59:40 UTC 2005

Jan Rychter wrote:

>So, what are the plans for SLIME support for ECL? I seem to recall
>someone was working on this.

Yep :-) However, SLIME makes extensive use of some features that ECL
lacks, such as full certain subsets of MOP  (slot objects for instance
are a recent addition) or functions to query the debugger. Porting SLIME
implies at the same time improving ECL.

>IMHO this would sigificantly enhance the hackability of ECL.

Well, it would definitely make it more comfortable for people who
already work with SLIME (Acid remark of a systems programmer who spends
more time in GDB than in the lisp listener :-)