[Ecls-list] CVS ECL omits libraries

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Jun 30 01:28:28 UTC 2005

Julian Stecklina wrote:

>compilation of source files fails:
>

>>cat foo.lisp
>>

>(defun foo () 1)
>

>>ecl -compile foo.lisp
>>

>[...]
>It seems that the GCC command misses the ecl library?

No, the problem is that the -compile option was broken by a recent ANSI
compatibility fix in COMPILE-FILE. I have fixed this.

>Load-foreign-library does not seem to work either. :-/

The problem with ECL's current FFI is that it cannot create interfaces
to foreign functions on the fly. Hence, LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY does not
make any sense at all: you have to link your compiled files against the
library from which you want to obtain the symbols.