[Ecls-list] Files deleted on ECL load error

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Fri Jul 29 01:53:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm experiencing a *very* annoying problem, but I'm not sure at all that it's
ECL's fault. So I'm more making people aware than complaining.

I'm using ECL-CVS compiled under W2k/MSVC6. I used to edit LISP files using
vim in an xterm (using cygwin+X11). I'm running ECL in another command windows
(*not* a cygwin shell). When doing modifications to a LISP file in vim, I then
switch to the ECL window and (load...) the file, without closing vim (the file
is still edited in the vim window). If an error happen when ECL loads the file,
it often happens that the file gets deleted. If I then close vim without re-saving
the file, I loose my file, and sometimes several hours of work. This does not
happen if I close vim before trying to load the file in ECL, or when there's no

Bye.
Michael.