[Ecls-list] Problem in BSD-like systems

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Jul 11 06:15:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

is anybody else experiencing this problem: I configure ECL and run
"make". Then, at random places, the program gets hanged in the system()
call. Basically, the wait4() waits forever, even after the command being
run (gcc, ld, whatever) has long finished.

I have first seen this problem with the FreeBSD boxes from sourceforge,
but today I also found it when building on Mac OSX 10.2, also in
sourceforge.

I do not think this has to do directly with ECL, as the problem happens
well within the system() call. But maybe ECL does something that these
systems do not like... :-/

Regards,