[Ecls-list] Threads under Windows

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Jan 31 10:00:02 UTC 2005

Dear all,

Michael Goffioul has contributed a port of the multithreading subsystem
from ECL to Microsoft Windows.

The port is based totally on Windows native threads and thus requires no
special libraries. I have changed his original port so that it not only
compiles under Visual C++, but also with Mingw32, and in the process I
also ported the support for Windows Sockets to Mingw32.

Both elements, multithreading and sockets support for Mingw32 are
largerly untested outside some stupid examples as the one I have
previously posted to the list.

Thanks again, Michael!

Regards,