[Ecls-list] Re: Fails to build from CVS

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Thu Jan 27 07:30:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:23:33 +0100, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:

> R. Mattes wrote:
>
>>I just tried to compile a clean CVS checkout, but the (gcc) compiler
>>breaks with the following message:[...]
>>Any ideas? Can i help debugging this?
>>Os is Linux/PPC 2.6, compiler is gcc-3.3.
>>
> The CVS patches came in two subsets that I uploaded one after another,
> with a few hours interruption because I had to leave the office. You are
> seeing the first set of patches, that fixed some problems and introduced
> others. The second set of patches will probably soon arrive to the
> anonymous CVS server.

Yes, i updated my local tree and recompiled - everything works fine now.
BTW, one oddity i encountered: when i ran ecl without first doing a "make
install" it reported the wrong version number (i assume it links against
the wrong libraries). I don't know whether this will be an issue but it
was slightly irritating ;-)

 Thanks a lot

  RalfD