[Ecls-list] Threads on MacOSX (and others)

bernard tatin bernard.tatin at tele2.fr
Thu Jan 27 02:18:03 UTC 2005

Hello,

ecl_min produce object files and can link theses object files to make
cmp.fas with something like that :
gcc -o cmp.fas a-lot-of-files.o -bundle libecl.dylib -lm

I can do it in a shell, no errors are produced.

After some more investigations, I conclude that we cannot load the file
cmp.fas because :
1 - the system call which load that file expect an other format,
2 - we have problems with pathnames,
3 - when loading that file, the system wants another file it cannot find
in the path,
4 - when producing object files or cmp.fas we don't give enough
informations to the compiler and linker.

I will test in further direction :
- trying an older compiler (gcc 3.1 instead of gcc 3.3),
- learn more about dynamic linking on MacOS X and how to load
dynamic/shared libraries (I am a beginner here),
- test the lisp functions about pathnames, I am afraid there is
problems, here.

I hope this evening I will get more informations.

A bientôt,

Bernard.