[Ecls-list] compilation on MacOS X

bernard tatin bernard.tatin at tele2.fr
Wed Jan 26 05:55:03 UTC 2005

Hello again,

./configure --enable-threads && make && make install

works if we modify the files package.d and threads.d with the following :
#if defined(__APPLE__)
     pthread_mutexattr_settype(&attr, PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK);
#else
	pthread_mutexattr_settype(&attr, PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP);
#endif

#if defined(__APPLE__)
	pthread_mutexattr_settype(&attr, PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE);
#else
	pthread_mutexattr_settype(&attr, PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP);
#endif

./configure --enable-threads  --with-tcp && make && make install
works with these modifications.

I had the idea to test each configuration one by one. But what I want to
do with sockets always needs threads, so I put these configuration together.

You know what? I am happy.

Bernard.