[Ecls-list] RANDOM on a positive bignum always returns zero

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Jan 13 10:34:18 UTC 2005

Paul Dietz wrote:

>The bug in the Subject is interfering with using
>the gcl random tester on ecl.

Can you elaborate a little more on this? I do not see this problem in my
box :-/ Is there a way I can reproduce the problems using your test suite?

ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9e
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
    ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
 > (random (1+ most-positive-fixnum))
96696048
Top level.