[Ecls-list] Xmas fixes

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Fri Jan 7 06:56:24 UTC 2005

Julian Stecklina wrote:

>Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <jlr at mpq.mpg.de> writes:
>

>>  - The sequence functions now also accept class objects.
>>

>What does this mean?

For instance, the following should be equivalent:
    (map 'list #'1+ '(1 2 3))
    (map (find-class 'list) #'1+ '(1 2 3))

>># MOP compliance:
>>

>Compliance with the MOP means that I can complete the slime interface,
>once I have the time. This is very nice. :)

Well, if completing the MOP is all you need to begin working on the
slime interface, then I will do my homework and finish it before the end
of the month :-P

Not, really it is not 100% complete, but the problem is that my work on
the MOP suffers from huge gaps in which I do not do anything and forget
what was left to be implemented. As far as I remember, all stuff
relating slots, change and redefinition of classes, etc is finished. The
generic function interface lacks yet an implementation of
ARGUMENT-PRECEDENCE-ORDER. Besides, it also lacks
COMPUTE-DISPATCH-FUNCTION because ECL only allows a single dispatch
function which is hardcoded in the ECL core (Might change in the future).

Regards,