[Ecls-list] Closing BSD-SOCKET when a stream has been created

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Mon Feb 14 06:19:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:45:35 +0100
"Goffioul Michael" <goffioul at imec.be> wrote:

> If I'm right, the socket is not closed properly on (socket-close...)
> when a stream has been created. The reason is that the code relies
> on the fact that closing the stream should close the socket as well,
> but this is not the case as the stream is a two-way stream and in ECL
> the components of a two-way stream are not closed automatically.

I did not think of that... What about writing a stream class that works
much like a two-way stream (i.e. relaying calls to the appropriate
stream), but closes both when itself closed? Or is there a simpler
alternative?

(I should be banging my head on grammars and automatons right now, since
I have an important exam tomorrow, but I could implement this until
weekend.)

Regards,