[Ecls-list] Sockets committed

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Fri Feb 11 10:40:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have committed Julian's port of SB-BSD-SOCKETS. If you want to build
ECL with this module, use the flag --with-tcp at configuration time.
Then, depending on whether you build a statically linked or a
dynamically linked executable, the sockets module will either be linked
in, or it will be available as  a FASL file under the pathname
#p"sys:sockets".

To test the library, install ECL and then go to the directory
contrib/sockets/ and do (load "test") followed by (do-tests).

Regards,

Juanjo

P.S.: I have committed this only after a cursory inspection that showed
no important problems. However, since it is a non-critical component, I
thought it would be better to make it available for people to experiment
with it.