[Ecls-list] ECL and commercial apps

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Feb 9 01:44:57 UTC 2005

Hi Joel,

I think Julian's answer was rather clear: embedding ECL into an
application is easy. The license is also clear, in that you can
distribute closed binaries as far as you also distribute them as
libraries that can be linked with newer versions of ECL, and you publish
all improvements to ECL itself.

As for the production use, I know that people have considered ECL for
commercial projects, and some of these people that contacted me have
provided or are providing now patches for ECL, but the lack of feedback
prevents me from making statements about the stability and ease of use
of the project right now -- hence the below 1.0 version number, apart
from the issue of ANSI/MOP compatibility.

Regards,

Juanjo