[Ecls-list] New wiki

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Feb 2 08:09:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

in an small effort to simplify that users contribute, I have set up a
Wiki at

http://ecls.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/view/

The idea of this Wiki is to provide new users with some hints about
installing and using ECL. This will be the place for FAQ, tutorials,
etc, and eventually a section of it will replace the current webpages.

I am unsure about whether one should also convert the manuals to wiki.
It is not clear whether this would help updating these beasts, and it
might impose an extra load of work on myself, trying to keep the texinfo
up to date with the wiki, or viceversa.

As for othe organization: In order to discourage spammers, one must
supply a password to enter, but the default username (TWikiGuest) and
password (guest) allow for editing the sections Main and Sandbox, which
are the ones intended for hosting all the information I mentioned above.
Only the preferences (TWiki web) are owned by my private account.

Now, if somebody could write a nice and organize frontpage with topics
he/she would like to see discussed, that would be nice.