[Ecls-list] OpenBSD tests

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Dec 1 07:40:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 13:33 -0500, qsd wrote:
> I ran tests on OpenBSD 3.8 (pentium4 cpu), ecl 0.9h.
> There was one error: "Unrecoverable error: mark_object: pointer to free object.".
> On some runs it would just core dump, on others keep running, consuming 100%
> cpu power and never finishing (I waited 15mins before killing it), and then
> core dumping on the second run. Running gmake again would always succeed.

I have just manage to install QEMU (comes with Ubuntu) and prepare three
virtualization images, for OpenBSD, NetBSD and FreeBSD. This means I
have no longer to rely on SourceForge and can test ECL on these
platforms myself. I will be investigating the problems you mentioned
during the weekend and hopefully I will also be able to have a more
frequent testing cycle using this virtualization software as a cron job.
Let's see...