[Ecls-list] Code Cleanup

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Tue Aug 30 08:02:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 09:33 -0500, James Graves wrote:
> I've been poking around the sources for ECL a bit.  I've noticed that
> there is some cruft laying around which probably isn't needed anymore. [...]
> Is there some desire to keep these around?  Would patches to delete some
> of this stuff be accepted?

Actually yes, a cleanup is most welcome, but please accompany all your
patches with a rational of the change.

However, for the particular case you mention, you will notice that
earith.d is used nowhere in ECL now and should have been deleted long
ago :-) Or even better this code should be replaced with a portable
version that uses "long long" arithmetic in systems where this makes
sense.

Regards,