[Ecls-list] Callback in ECL

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed Aug 24 07:05:25 UTC 2005

To illustrate what I had in mind in my previous mail concerning
callbacks, here's dirty code (not working).

It contains some compiler hacking to handle c-callback forms, and
a user-level macro def-callback. The compiler hack produces the LISP
function and put a foreign-data as property of the callback symbol
(currently, it uses the 'catch property, this is to be changed, I
just used an existing symbol). This is not the correct goal, because
what should be put as a property is a pointer to the (missing) C
wrapper instead of the plain LISP function.

At this point, I still didn't figure out how to produce the C wrapper
code and push it into the function list, my knowledge of the ECL
compiler is *quite* limited (although this little exercise tought
me already a lot...)

Comments and flame wars are welcome.

Bye.
Michael.