[Ecls-list] ntwin32.mak?

Michael Hannemann hannemann at inetmi.com
Tue Aug 23 16:38:53 UTC 2005

Goffioul Michael wrote:

>>After that, it complains that it can't find ntwin32.mak.  It's
>>true, I don't seem to have this.  A web search indicates this is a
>>header file which I don't have, and the web doesn't provide.  What
>>should I do?  Should I download the free "Microsoft Visual C++
>>Toolkit" and use that instead?
>
>In my case, this file was part of my Visual C++ installation,
>located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include.
>Don't you have any *.mak files there? Maybe there's a replacement
>one in your installation.

Aha, I see.  VC98 means MS Visual Studio 6.  After comparing MSVC
2003 to MSVC 6, I saw that there were a couple dozen header files
that I was missing.  Eventually I gave up copying header files over
one by one, and just moved the ECL source to the machine where I had
MSVC 6 installed.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Michael