[Ecls-list] Lisp callback from C

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Tue Aug 23 03:57:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:03:25 +0200
"Goffioul Michael" <goffioul at imec.be> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >   for portable callbacks - check CFFI project, but get the cffi-luis
> > branch like this :
> > darcs get http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/darcs/cffi-luis
>
> AFAIK, callbacks are not supported yet in ECL.

It is possible to get callbacks in ECL. I have implemented that in my
X-Chat plugin (which still fails with an initialization error :-/). You
have to make sure that the garbage collector does not reclaim object
you passed to the C world, though.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

(Of course SML does have its weaknesses, but by comparison, a
 discussion of C++'s strengths and flaws always sounds like an
 argument about whether one should face north or east when one
 is sacrificing one's goat to the rain god.)         -- Thant Tessman