[Ecls-list] ntwin32.mak?

Michael Hannemann hannemann at inetmi.com
Mon Aug 22 14:27:03 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is a FAQ, but I don't remember seeing it answered
recently, and Gmane didn't turn anything up.  I'm looking at ECL
again (after a long hiatus) and trying to build it with MS Visual
Studio .NET 2003.  The instructions say, simply, "go to the msvc
directory and type nmake", so I did, and that gets me fairly
far.  The last thing that works is the construction of gmp.lib, which
gets copied to eclgmp.lib in my {src}\msvc\ directory.

After that, it complains that it can't find ntwin32.mak.  It's true,
I don't seem to have this.  A web search indicates this is a header
file which I don't have, and the web doesn't provide.  What should I
do?  Should I download the free "Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit" and
use that instead?

Thanks,

Michael
---
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077

makefile(6) : fatal error U1052: file 'ntwin32.mak' not found
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET 2003\Vc7\bin\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.