[Ecls-list] Lisp callbacks support?

Surendra Singhi efuzzyone at netscape.net
Mon Aug 22 01:24:14 UTC 2005

Hello,
  I am doing some preliminary research on working on mod_lisp. In lisp NYC,
ECL was mentioned as a good lisp compiler/interpreter for this. The ability of
ECL to build standalone executables and dlls really seems powerful and useful
for this project.

I have some questions on ECL:
(1) I know about Marc Battyani's mod_lisp, is there any other recent attempt to
work on it?

(2) I was looking at some of the developer documentation and code of mod_perl, and
mod_haskell, and from my understanding of those it seems that mod_lisp will
need to register callback functions to apache. ECL has a UFFI-compatible
interface to C code, but UFFI AFAIK does not has support for callbacks. So,
how do I override this problem in ECL. Or is it something which is currently
not possible?

Thanks for your consideration.

--
Surendra Singhi
http://www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/index.html

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
    - Orwell, Animal Farm, 1945