[Ecls-list] Re: CVS run-in-place ?

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Sun Aug 7 15:37:30 UTC 2005

On Prickle-Prickle, Confusion 73, 3171 YOLD, GP lisper wrote:

> Is there a simple way to 'test run' a newly built CVS copy?  One that
> avoids the 'make install' step?  I know that you can do this with one
> of the popular GNU programs, probably emacs.
>
> This is for an automated CVS update script, one that ensures that ECL
> will run the desired code prior to replacing the system ecl
> installation.

In UNIX environment, LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./ecl in ecls/build/ should do
(check with ldd if ld.so will find correct libecl.so instead of
system-wide-installed one).  If you want to also load new fasl files
(cmp.fas, sockets.fas, asdf.fas), you may need to redefine `sys:'
pathname translation to point to build directory.

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / {   Badger,Badger,Badger,Badger,Badger,Badger,Badger,Badger,