[Ecls-list] Using Femlisp with ECL / Bug reports

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Fri Aug 5 11:14:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:17:33 +0200
Nicolas Neuss <Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> One thing that showed up is the following LOOP construct:
>
> (let ((list (list 1 2 3))
>       (result ()))
>    (loop for i = (pop list) while i
>          for k = (* i i) do (push k result)
>          finally (return result)))

Is there any reason why this is written so complicated (besides mixing
iterating forms with loop end tests)? Looks like

(for i in list
     collect (* i i))

to me. Anyway, you might be better of using iterate. It solved a lot of
my loop problems.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

LISP has survived for 21 years because it is an approximate local
optimum in the space of programming languages. - John McCarthy (1980)