[Ecls-list] Slime ported to ECL

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Aug 3 03:01:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have committed a new file (swank-ecl.lisp) and a couple of fixes in
swank-loader.lisp so that slime works with the lisp implementation ECL
(http://ecls.sourceforge.net).

I did not have much time to work on this port, and the loader
(swank-ecl.lisp) is basically the one I already submitted to this list
long ago. I only included some changes contributed by a member of the
ECL mailing list (Johan Bockgård,) and which were available at
http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~bojohan/emacs/slime/

These changes forces swank to be loaded in the interpreter, as the ECL
compiler is not mature enough and crashes with some of the toplevel
forms in slime.

I did not do any extensive checking, but simple things seem to work. If
only, I realized that many error messages in ECL are not very useful :-)

Regards