[Ecls-list] Re: Build cleanups, part one.

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Mon Apr 11 03:23:02 UTC 2005

Maciek Pasternacki wrote:

>On Sweetmorn, Discord 18, 3171 YOLD, Maciek Pasternacki wrote:
>

>Final (I hope) version of patch is at
>http://japhy.fnord.org/pub/ecls-build-20050407.tar.gz .  I cleaned up
>Makefiles (most changes are minor ones) and tweaked msvc build system
>to match source changes (please test, I don't have msvc here).  I left
>config.h generation alone -- after looking into it I decided it would
>be overcomplicated and too error-prone.

It still does not work for me. I type ./configure --prefix=$HOME and the
configuration fails already when trying to compile several programs
because, as in the previous version, -leclgc gets in the list of flags.

Furthermore, the options --with-system-boehm-libs,
--with-system-boehm-include are, as we discussed previously,
superfluous, given the fact that one can redefine LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
before configuring.

Could you please try again? For testing you should try in a system in
which the Boehm-Weiser garbage collector is not installed, which is what
my system looks like.

Regards,