[Ecls-list] Re: Build on MacOSX broken

Paul Meurer paul.meurer at uib.no
Wed Sep 1 12:27:00 UTC 2004

Now I tried compiling with the Boehm collector disabled (and I checked
the CFLAGS, they seem to be right), and I got some other error
messages:

---
Unknown symbol: ext::stream-interactive-p
gcc -c -I./ -I/Users/paul/src/ecls/src/c -I/Users/paul/src/ecls/src/h
-I../h  -g -O2 -mpowerpc -no-cpp-precomp -mcpu=7450 -fPIC -fno-common
-fstrict-aliasing -Ddarwin  -o file.o file.c
/Users/paul/src/ecls/src/c/file.d: In function
`ecl_make_stream_from_fd':
/Users/paul/src/ecls/src/c/file.d:1890: error: structure has no member
named `_IO_buf_base'
make[2]: *** [file.o] Error 1
rm list.c file.c disassembler.c main.c eval.c character.c gfun.c
compiler.c reference.c symbol.c package.c interpreter.c instance.c
make[1]: *** [libeclmin.a] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
---

I think I'll give up on getting ECL compiled on MacOSX for the time
being. For my project (which is multi-platform, including MacOSX, Linux
and Solaris), I´ll use ECL on Linux (which I finally got to work; more
on this in another post) and Solaris (haven´t tried yet); on MacOSX, I
am going to use sockets communication between a library stub and CLisp;
that should work. Eventually, I'll switch to ECL on the Mac, too.

Thanks to Julian and Brian for their help.

- Paul