[Ecls-list] ECL with Win32/MSVC6

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Oct 20 08:29:34 UTC 2004

Goffioul Michael wrote:

>I don't know if you intend to use the patch I sent a few days ago
>to enable MSVC6 compilation, but I enhanced it to support installation in the Makefile's and to add TCP based on winsock (I guess you could as well reuse the code for mingw32). I used it to test CLX (using Cygwin/X as X server) and the basic things seem to work. Would you like me to send you another (full) patch?

Yes please. I would like first to clear out the license issues of the
patches for GMP, and I would like to make the patch less intrusive --
maybe even have its own set of directories, as well as separating build
directories from sources, and maybe even collecting the patches for GMP
in a single file so that it makes it easier for me to update the library.

The TCP support is definitely interesting. Does your current build of
ECL use shared libraries? I mean whether your patches support producing
DLLs and loading them at run time. Did you build ECL with CLX in, or
just use the interpreter?