[Ecls-list] Problems with -fomit-frame-pointer (Was Compilation under MinGW32 failed)

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Thu Oct 7 01:16:12 UTC 2004

Goffioul Michael wrote:

>I'm trying to compile ECL under Win32 with MinGW32, but it fails
>when loading the "compile.lsp" file. I configured ECL with
>./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ecl --with-cmuformat
>I'm using gcc-3.2.3 under Windows2K.

Confirmed. The problem seems to be caused by the flag
-fomit-frame-pointer which is introduced by the configuration process of
GMP [1]. If I remove it from build/c/Makefile, ECL compiles. If I leave
it, I am unable to use GDB to trace the problem. Hmmm, difficult.

Max-Planck-Institut fuer Quantenoptik	+49/(0)89/32905-345
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, D-85748		www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/
Garching b. Muenchen, Germany		Juan.Ripoll at mpq.mpg.de