[Ecls-list] Bug on Mac OS X solved

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Nov 3 05:29:55 UTC 2004

Rainer Joswig wrote:

> <>There are quite a few differences between [OS X] 10.1, 10.2. and 10.3.
> Making it work on 10.2 might be helpful though. I was just checking if
> ECL runs on my Mac. So, no reason to devote
> much time into it - for me.

No problem. It dit not take much to discover that it is a bug in the
Boehm-Weiser garbage collector: even when thread support is disabled, it
still tries to link in some code for it. The patch attached (which is
also in the home page, http://ecls.sourceforge.net) solves the problems
under Mac OS X 10.2 Hopefully, also in your Mac, just in case you want
to give it a try.