[Ecls-list] Patches for ASDF

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Thu May 13 09:37:03 UTC 2004

Dear Daniel,

I have just finished incorporating CMUCL/SBCL's pretty printer into ECL
so that we can use your system definition library, ASDF. ASDF seems to
run fine with ECL (as of CVS HEAD version) except for two details:

* ECL cannot externalize packages in compiled files. In other words,
compiled files cannot have package objects as literal constants. Things
like LOAD-TIME-VALUE, or saving the package name and afterwards looking
for the package is all right. This only affects your uses of #.*package*
somewhere in the code.

* The test wild-module.script I think is wrong. If I set the module type
back to WILD-MODULE, the routine CLASS-FOR-TYPE will find it in the
temporary package in which the module is read, and fail to find the class.

I now go back to working on ECL and watching whether the integration of
the pretty printer is stable.

Regards,