[Ecls-list] exception question

Michael O'Connor moconnor59 at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 12:55:10 UTC 2004

Is it possible to throw a C++ exception within a
application callback function (i.e. a function set up
via a call to cl_def_c_function() or
cl_make_cclosure_va()) and have that exception
propagate through the embedded interpreter, back to
the calling application?

I'm trying to do this using 'throw runtime_error(...'
but I get "System error. Trying to recover ..." from
the interpreter when the exception is thrown.

(It isn't a problem if this is not possible - I'd just
like to find out whether or not it is possible).

Thanks,

Michael