[Ecls-list] CLX is now in CVS

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Thu Mar 25 01:50:04 UTC 2004

Dear all,

I have incorporated the portable CLX library from the CLOCC archive
(http://clocc.sf.net) into the CVS tree. The changes were minimal, and
related to a couple of nonstandard functions (getenv, opening sockets, etc).

To make the CLX library you have to specify the --with-clx option when
configuring ECL. Typically, you would do something like
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ecls login
    (empty password)
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ecls co ecls
    cd ecls
    ./configure --prefix=$HOME --with-clx
    make
    make install
The CLX library is compiled as a FASL module that you can load using
(load "sys:clx.fas"). For a demo try
    (load "sys:clx.fas")
    (load "src/eclx/demo/hello.lisp")
    (xlib::hello-world "")
or
    (load "sys:clx.fas")
    (load "src/eclx/demo/qix.lisp")
    (xlib::qix :host "")
A screenshot of these small demos is in our homepage (http://ecls.sf.net).

A couple of bugs in the compiler had to be solved in the process of
porting CLX. If you find a problem with the CLX library, please try
first loading the interpreted version which should be far more stable,
or supply me with a small test case of the program that fails to work.

Regards,