[Ecls-list] Multiple ECL instances?

Michael O'Connor moconnor59 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 06:48:12 UTC 2004

Another quick question I hope: does ECL support
running multiple instances simultaneously?

I think the answer is no, because there seems to be no
way to specify which instance is being referred to
when setting up a callback function using
cl_def_c_function() in the C/C++ app (so that if a C
function name gets re-used by more than one instance,
but points to a different function, then at least one
of the instances will make the wrong function call -
this is the equivalent of saying that there is a
single global namespace for ECL callback function
names).

Other than this, there seems to be no reason that
multiple ECL instances won't work. Am I right?

(This isn't actually a problem for me, I'm asking in
order to clarify my understanding of how ECL works).

Thanks,

Michael