[Ecls-list] macos 10.3 build issues

Cyrus Harmon cyrus at bobobeach.com
Mon Jan 5 23:29:01 UTC 2004

Forgive me if this has been discussed before as I'm a new member of the
list... In any case, in order to get ecls to build with panther, I
needed to use a new version of libtool and autoconf'ed in some changes
to aclocal.m4 and the configure.in's in src and src/gc and src/gmp. I'm
happy to submit a patch to the appropriate authorities, if anyone is
interested. But this only helps me get to the next problem, which is
that ecl gives me the following error when I try to run it:

ecls/ecls/build>>./ecl
dyld: ./ecl can't open library: /lib/ecl/libecl.dylib  (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

ecl_min works ok, but somehow we're not picking up the right path for
the dylib in ecl. I assume the problem lies somewhere in compile.lsp,
but don't really know where to start fixing things. Has anyone seen
this on macos or other platforms?

Thanks,

Cyrus