[Ecls-list] Kemacs ?

Julian St. der_julian at web.de
Tue Feb 3 15:27:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:54:20 +0100
joel vennin <jol at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> Few days ago, i'm asking how create a Kemacs (or a Kpart). So i've

Are you a KDE fan? :) Btw, Kpart does not ring a bell...

> I've a little question: is it a good way to create a Kemacs from scratch using
> ecls ?

Why not? :) But I guess it would be more fruitful to write a portable implementation, that will run on many Common Lisps. Ok, ECL has the advantage of creating quite small executables.

> In the near future do you think that ecls support (SETF (VALUES ...) ...) and
> 'format ?

The CMU format code in ECL suffers from being apart from its original pretty printer, but most of it works quite well. You could do the ECL project (namely Juan) a great favour with porting an ANSI compliant pretty printer to ECL. ;)

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Signed and encrypted mail welcome.
Key-Server: pgp.mit.edu         Key-ID: 0xD65B2AB5
FA38 DCD3 00EC 97B8 6DD8  D7CC 35D8 8D0E D65B 2AB5

Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program
contains an ad hoc informally-specified bug-ridden
 - Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming