[Ecls-list] One more fix

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Dec 16 08:11:03 UTC 2004

Another BIG fix:

* The compiler has a brand new set of data structures for representing
forms, which keep track of where variables are used, parent forms, etc.
These new structures are used to compute whether a function needs a
lexical environment, whether this environment has to be stack allocated
or a list, replacing variables with their values, etc.

For the last two months I have been keeping three branches of
development: the standard ECL, a branch for improvements in the
compiler, and another branch in which I host an improved interpreter.

Due to the excellent work of Michael the number of fixes to the standard
branch is growing steadily ;-) and these branches are becoming a
nightmare to maintain. Hence I decided to merge in the changes to the
compiler right now.

This solves a number of errors in Paul's test suite, but ECL has not yet
reached the desired stability under the random tester.

Regards,